Captain's Choice Cruise - Juneau, AK to Sitka, AK (for reverse route click Sitka-Juneau)
(Unless listed, each day’s meals include: Breakfast, lunch, cocktails, dinner)
Day 1 - Juneau, AK Boarding Ship at 5:00 PM - IVF Port by the Team (Please note, there is no early boarding). We provide scheduled airport pick-ups. For those coming in a day earlier, we provide luggage pick-up at downtown hotels. Your vacation begins with a tour of the Alaska State Museum. Please meet our Naturalist at 395 Whittier St., Juneau at 2 PM for Fantasy Cruise Check-in and tour. Boarding after check-in and tour of Museum, meet your crew and depart for our evening wilderness anchorage. (Cocktails, Dinner)
Days 2 - 8 Flexible Cruising route!
Our objective is to maintain flexibility to offer the best trip possible for the weather conditions, wildlife - both land and marine mammals and "off the beaten path" cruising. The Captain will plan the exact route just prior to your arrival for your trip. Evening anchorages of Captain's Choice. This cruise has been designed to take advantage of all the best that the local area has to offer.
We will cruise the waters of
- Peril Strait in the Sitka area
- Chattam Strait
- Frederick Sound
- Stevens Passage
- Lynn Canal, pending weather conditions we may even venture more north
The Captain will consider local activities such as:
- Whale Feeding/Breaching and cooperative interactions
- Coastal Brown Bear and Black Bear feeding/shoreline activity (Salmon runs and waterfalls)
- Tenekee Springs and/or Kake and Hoonah - small Alaska towns
- Dawes Glacier - Tidewater Glacial activity in the region (calving and ice pack access)
- Mendenahll Glacier Tour, with interpretive information from local Ranger
- Kayaking and skiff tours in small bays and inlets
- Fords Terror. Known to be a true highlight of Southeast Alaska not often visited. Be one of the few to experience and enjoy this phenomenal location as we spend a full day in one of Alaska's most protected bays. (Brunch, Dinner)
Day 8 - Sitka, AK - Some morning cruising today while we come to port in Sitka, AK. We'll enjoy a narrated tour of the community. The tour includes local musuems, the Raptor Rehabilitation Center, Totem Park, then visit the Russian Orthodox Church. Afterwards, there will be some time to shop for your Alaskan trinkets before coming back aboard the Island Spirit for our final evening together.
Day 9- Sitka Disembarking - This morning you will enjoy your final breakfast aboard the Island Spirit at 8:30 AM followed by transfers to hotels or airport. (Please note, we are in port the evening before departures to accommodate early flights. Please note, all guests are required to disembark by 12:00 PM so we may be ready the vessell for our next cruise. (Breakfast)
PLEASE NOTE: Itinerary may change due to weather and/or to find wildlife. We are always looking to give you the very best experience. And being an owner/operator gives us the freedom to do this.
Captain's Choice Cruise
July 10 - July 18, 2017, Juneau to Sitka
August 7 - August 15, 2017 Sitka to Juneau
$750 queen upgrade
Call 1-800-977-9705, Email or use our online reservation request form. Click 2018 for Dates and Rates